BOMB protocol #5.1 plasmid DNA extraction from E.coli

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Phil Oberacker
    Keymaster

Hey Sebastian,

First and foremost, thanks a lot! We’d be happy to include your protocol as a community contribution to the BOMB protocol collection. As there have been multiple people now who had troubles adapting the BOMB protocols to Sera-Mag beads in the last weeks, your protocol would be of great benefit for them. I’ll forward your offer to the person in charge of uploading the protocols and we’ll message you asap.

However, just for your interest. The bead synthesise doesn’t necessarily need to be performed under anaerobic conditions! That is just an option as it reduces the amount of oxidised iron (which is anyway washed away in the later steps) and therefore, increases the yield per amount of used iron. Alternatively purging the system with high purity N2 for 30 min should be sufficient. We generally don’t even do that and perform the reaction at atmospheric oxygen levels, however degas and heat up the solutions before use. Just give it a try, it’s incredibly easy. Even I as a molecular biologist was able to do it 😀

Cheers
      Phil

Phil Oberacker
      Keymaster

The new protocols are uploaded 😀 thank you very much, @sebastian!

@svitak
        these might be interesting for you! Look for #5.3 and #5.4 (https://bomb.bio/protocols/)

Sarah
        Participant

Awesome! Thanks @sebastian and @p-oberacker. I tried the protocol out earlier this week and it worked great!

Tomek
          Keymaster

Dear Sebastian,

Great to hear that you could adopt the protocols. BTW, you don’t need to synthesize the beads in anaerobic conditions. The synthesis protocol works well without argon or N2 environment.

It would be great if we could include midiprep or other protocols.

Cheers,

T.

Thomas
            Participant

Thanks for this great site.

I am trying to use this 5.1 protocol in my lab, and I find in the Materials , the Yeast Extract from BD Biosciences has a PN 212750 ( instead of 21270).

Just for your record.

Have a nice day

admin
              Keymaster

Ahoy,

Thanks Thomas you are absolutely correct.

I changed it and uploaded an updated version where I corrected the product number.
                As all I did was add a single digit I figured it would be ok to just upload it under the same version number (V1.0).

The change should take affect as soon as all caches are refreshed.

Cheers
                Tim

mohsen.namnabat
                Participant

Hi

at first , thank for your helpful protocols.

I have question about exact concentration of M beads that used in plasmid extraction protocol

what is the concentration of beads in these protocols?

in 5.1 protocol you mention that use 50 micro liter of stock solution but in none of protocol mentioned what is the concentration of stock solution .

Thank You.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.