BOMB protocol #6.5 TNA extraction from yeast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PStepper
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

this is the main discussion space for BOMB protocol #6.5 TNA extraction from yeast.
      Here you can post all your questions and feedback!

PStepper
      Keymaster

reserved space

Iason K.
        Participant

Hi ,

I have been using the bomb bio 6.5 protocol for yeast and works like a charm. It provide us with  long DNA fragments that we require but I want mainly the gDNA. Can I use RNase A and at which step would you recommend and at what concentration?

admin
          Keymaster

Ahoy,

I am stocked to hear that you like our protocol!
            I presume that you have thought through whether RNA contamination actually poses an issue.
            Because unless you are doing super sensitive quantification, transfections or steps involving reverse transcriptase, I never really encounter any issues whatsoever with residual RNA. But, I am mostly  running PCRs or similarly robust techniques.

I am not sure whether RNAse A has a tolerance for Lyticase and GITC but I would not risk it.

Unfortunately the save option would be to finish the protocol transfer your elution to a tube loaded with RNAse A + Buffer –> Incubate  (+ maybe deactivate) and then perform something like a PEG (SPRI \ Ampure) purification or if you want to go DIY all the way BOMB protocol 4.1., obviously you can also ethanol precipitate etc at this point.

Cheers

Tim M

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.