BOMB protocol #8.2 RNA extraction from mammalian cells using GITC lysis

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PStepper
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

this is the main discussion space for BOMB protocol #8.2 RNA extraction from mammalian cells using GITC lysis.
      Here you can post all your questions and feedback!

PStepper
      Keymaster

reserved space

admin
        Keymaster

Ahoy,

All replies concerning adaptation of this protocol for SARS-CoV-2 RNA extraction have been moved to

Adjusting BOMB protocol # 8.2 for SARS-CoV-2 extraction

Bradleys Hillbilly Protocol (sorry but now the name sticks) protocol and all replies to it have been moved to

Hillbilly Bead Viral RNA Extraction Protocol – BOMB Community

蔡思程
          Participant

Dear BOMB community:

I have found your protocol to be very helpful, and thank you very much! But I am confused with the amount of magetic beads I should use in different experiment. The protocol said that ’40 μl of silica-coated magnetic beads (BOMB protocol #2.1, 1:10 diluted from stock)’ for RNA extraction, ’20 μl of coated magnetic beads’ for DNA extraction, and ‘160 μl of coated magnetic beads (diluted 1:50 in TE from stocks)’ for TNA extraction. I found that the amount of magnetic beads you used varied a lot in RNA, DNA and TNA extraction (4ul, 20ul, and 3.2ul magnetic bead stock, respectively?). But considering TNA including RNA and DNA, I wonder the reason the amount of magetic beads in TNA extraction is less than that used in RNA and DNA extraction. Besides, do you have any idea about the absolute amount of magnetic bead used in each experiment? Since I use commercial magnetic bead (100mg/mL beads, silica-coated, Servicebio G3650) instead of self-made beads, I wonder how many beads I should use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.