buffer for particle resuspenssion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sheila Ons
    Participant

Hello, thanks again for your help!  For the SARS-COV2 protocol that you published here, which should be the better buffer to resuspend the silica beads? water? TE? PEG binding buffer? Thanks again for your answer!!

Sheila Ons.

Centro Regiona de Estudios Genómicos. UNLP. Buenos Aires. Argentina.

TimH
      Keymaster

Hi Sheila – I would use TE – as Phil mentioned in your other post silica beads should work very similar to the carboylated ones we got the initial protocol optimised on. So keeping everything the same would be the best starting point. Best wishes, TimH

admin
        Keymaster

Ahoy,

Some further info.

I fully agree. Use water for storage and TE for working solution. As bead synthesis requires harsh conditions it is advisable to re-suspend them in a buffering medium to guarantee that any remnant hydroxide anions (silica beads) or hydrogen cations (carbox. beads) are neutralized and wont interfere during consequent steps.

However I would not recommend TE as the permanent (many months) storage solution as Tris will chelate metal ions and thus potentially mask deterioration of Beads which in water would show as slow browning of the supernatant. Depending on the shell thickness and quality of beads this might be a matter of many months if not years.

Tim M

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.