Electroelution

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik Lehnsherr
    Participant

For further automation of DNA preparation I am looking for an elegant way of elute the DNA or RNA from beads without any elution buffer or distilled water. Electroelution comes to mind, which can be used for streptovidin/biotin bonding.

Anybody has some experience with that?

admin
      Keymaster

Not on our side (team bomb).

I am intrigued but admittedly have never even come across this as an option.

However, the streptavidin/biotin hydrogen bonding can be achieved in absence of free ions whereas normal silica or carbox bonding relies on a highly ionic surrounding. Hence you would probably have to apply rather significant charges to overcome the charges under these conditions.

Also, how would you make use of this since the whole idea behind using beads is to wash off other impurities?

Are you planning to just use beads as a shuttle for NTs?

Cheers

Tim M

Erik Lehnsherr
        Participant

Yes it’s exactly that. I want to use them as a shuttle in a microfluidic channel and stop the beads with a magentic trap on a certain point. I have sources of several kV at my disposal and I intend to USE THEM (ZZZZAAAAAP). To get rid of the other impurities I might apply subsequent capillary electrophoresis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.