List of Labware needed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for posting this wonderful resource.  As a non-chemist, I’m hoping to better understand your glassware/labware setup used for the particle synthesis & subsequent functionalisation. Are you able to list the labware that’s needed (glassware, rubber stoppers, thermometers, etc) and perhaps have a picture or rendering of the final setup?  Everything else in the protocols is crystal clear for reproducing your protocol.

admin
      Keymaster

Ahoy, sorry you did not get a reply yet. We are currently restructuring the forum a bit so that post hopefully won’t get overlooked so easily in the future. I will point the part of our team that is better suited to answering your query your way!

Cheers

Tim M

Phil Oberacker
        Keymaster

Hi Scott,

we’ve actually published a follow-up paper to the original that focuses on the bead synthesis on bio-protocols (https://bio-protocol.org/e3394) which contains exactly that. In there you’ll find not only a list with catalog numbers of all used labware but also a picture of the actual set-up (Fig 1A). The bowl for the water bath (no catalog number) is simple heat-resistant kitchenware and we use common mercury thermometers which we put in the water bath.

Let me know, if you’ve got any more questions 🙂

Cheers
          Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.