Polarity of magnets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Miriam Lenk
    Participant

Hello everyone,

maybe it’s a dumb question, but I don’t want to make a mistake. In your protocol for printing magnetic racks you write: “we take care that the polarity of the magnets is maintained”

For the tubes rack, I guess this means either all the north or all the south poles facing in the same direction, for example towards the wall of the rack.

But what exactly does it mean for the microplate rack? Also that all north poles should be facing in the same direction?

Thanks in advance for your help!

R B
      Participant

You have to altinate poles or else they will all shoot out of their hole

Miriam Lenk
        Participant

Good to know… Thank you!

Tomek
          Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure if the polarity matters that much. Would need to check. Nevertheless, in our magnetic stands all of them are aligned and have the same pole up.

Tomek

Tim Moser
            Participant

This is the admin testing the freshness display of the forum.
              Entry will be deleted eventually
              Tim

Andreia
              Participant

I am at the stage where i will attach the magnets to the 96 well plate that we printed using your protocol. However i still have the same doubt about what it menas to maintain the polarity of the magnets. Can someone clarify excatly how the magnets should be placed in the plate, please? a chematic representation would be very helpful. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.